Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cannondale Flash 29er 2 Review

I got out this evening for my second outing with the new 29er. I went back out to Green Mountain, the trails where generally in good shape after the recent snow but there were areas where the run off had made some large "puddles" or bogs. The mud was fun! Breaking it loose and floating through, cross style. Nice

The bike was awesome! It climbs everything and simply rolls over large rocks and routs. It is so smooth. At times I would forget to unlock the fork because the ride was so good. That's not to say a suspension fork didn't make the ride better, it's just that the big wheels make a difference. The Lefty fork is simply butter! It is so sweet. It's nice and light so when you need to get that front wheel up, it's no problem. The Lefty is so much smoother than my previous bike's fork, it had almost 2x the travel. It gives you a lot of confidence on those bumpy descents.

The tires, Kenda small block 8, have been good in the dry but in the mud today they just held on to the mud. Increasing the weight of the wheels and decreasing traction. Most of my riding will likely be in the dry so it shouldn't be and issue but I may need to pick up a different set that shed the mud a little better.

So far I'm really pleased with the bike! It makes me want to get back on the trails. My last bike I just fought with. I would definitely recommend this bike. Cannondale has done it right.

I'm very excited for my upcoming mountain biking trip to Moab.

No comments:

Post a Comment