Monday, August 30, 2010

The Balancing Act

What a weekend. So much going on! Too much. I needed more time to be at home. Next weekend.

Saturday morning was the last Winter Park Race, "King of the Rockies." It's by far their best race. It's plenty hard and has something for everyone. It starts down a relatively flat road then has a pretty good climb to break everything up. The pace down the road felt easier than last year. I knew I wanted to hit the single track climb near the front because it's a big bottle neck and quickly becomes hard to pass. The climb went ok but I wasn't flying past anyone. The descent of the backside was pretty fun and things went well. No one passed me and I stayed with the group I was in. We had a short tight single track section before another climb over chainsaw. Then the lower back started taking issue and I began to slow. In the end I was a little slower than last year but I sure felt technically stronger. There are a lot of things I still need to work on.

Oh and my friend and teammate Robert M. was flying! He wore parachute pants during the race then had enough energy to through a killer party for the team at the finish! Thanks man!

The photo is of the river crossing, obviously. The dude plowing into the water gave me quite a cold shower. The water was over peoples bottom brackets. Enjoy swapping out those barrings; like everyone else that tired to ride it, no one made it riding across the river.
Sunday, after replacing an attic fan motor, I was out for team photos. There are going to look sweet. We were up on sqaw pass getting great shots of the peleton rolling through the hills. Here we're waiting for the photographers to set up. My legs were pretty tired, but there was plenty of rest breaks.
During one of the photo's we had this sweet car drive by. We tried to flag him down for a photo with us but he didn't stop.
Good times, I can't wait to see what the photos will look like. I'll post some when we get them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment