Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just for Fun!

Last night I did the first race of the Green Mountain Sports Velo Short Track Series in Golden. So much for another easy week. Had a bunch of people from the team come out and race. It was great fun to see everyone! The photo's are outstanding so I thought I would share. All of the photos were taken by Mountian Moon Photography, she did a great job and let anyone racing download the photos for free. So enjoy

This was the start, David (a teammate) took off and I let him. Look at those mountains! We were getting rained on during the first lap.

Bob, Todd and Nuke were chasing.
This guy attacked and passed David, so I started giving chase.
The course has a lot of sharp corners. I was working to improve my flow through the turns and keep my speed.
I finally caught the leader but my chain kept skipping off the middle ring and I had the front tire slip out on me. Ultimately, I lost contact.
I finished up in second place. Not bad for as poor as I've been feeling lately.
I had a great time. I'll be back during the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment