Thursday, July 15, 2010

Men's B Short Track Race, GMSV #2

This past Tuesday evening I raced in the Men's B category race. I've been threatening to do it and now it's done. The weather was hot and the traffic getting there was terrible. The coarse was a little different than last week. Shorter with a lot of the same elements as last week. Still pretty twisty with a few tricky steep descents with a sharp corner at the bottom, a good place to washout. I saw a number of racers crash, nothing serious but it did slow them down.

Mountain Moon Photography was out again and she took some fantastic photos. I have to offer a special thanks for allowing us to download her great images.... Thanks!

Once the race started there was a group of 4 that started to open things up. I made sure I was in there. The leader was never really in dispute but the last three positions swapped a couple of times. Wash out corner proved to be a problem for the two racers in front of me, which enabled me to make their race a little bit harder. In the end, I finished 4th in the race but 3rd in the Men's B category. Yes, the Cat 1 women was killing me in the sharp corners but she didn't beet me by much.
Love that Cannondale Flash 29er hard tail!
After the two racers in front of me crashed, I was in second and trying to hold them off.
Go Buddy Go!

Scotty, I need more power!!
Beautiful day, Fantastic race. Thanks GMSV! There are two more races on the next two Tuesdays, you should definitely go!

1 comment: