Thursday, November 4, 2010

Going Out on TOP

Guess what came in the email last night.

Upgrade in CX
From: Yvonne van Gent (ACA)



To: Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian
You have been doing really well in the SM 35,4 and have 19 pts. I realize I can't force you to upgrade till you reach 20, but think it would show better sportmanship to your peers if you upgraded now.

Let me know your thoughts.

Yvonne

Here are my thoughts:

I only need one more point (before I was forced) to upgrade. I currently have the highest number of upgrade points of all Cat 4 racers. I am currently the number one ranked racer in the SM 35+/4 (the biggest racing category each week) according to the Colorado Cross Cup Competition.
My results have helped put my team well into the lead in the Colorado Cross Cup Team Competition.


Originally my plan was to pickup my last upgrade point this weekend. But this weekends races aren't Cross Cup races so I wasn't going to increase my lead there. I could skip racing for a few weeks to get to the next points race but .... I want to race and that doesn't feel right.


Overall, this had been a exceptional season for me. I've won a CX race (not everyone gets to do that before they upgrade), I've received the first call up in front of 100+ racers for my first place in the CO CX Cup. I've been on the front. I've also debated about upgrading previously, prior to being forced to upgrade. I mean, what's the goal of a Cat 4 racer? To improve, become faster and upgrade out of the beginner group.

So, I'm going to upgrade. I'll move up the the Cat 3's mid season and be stuck back of the pack. My results are going to suck... just like they did when I started CX racing. But I'm sure I'll improve with time.


I'll tell you how it goes. Thanks for Reading.

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of your accomplishments. You have achieved a lot and you should be proud. MOM

    ReplyDelete