Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Mid Week Update

This past weekend and week have been good for riding.  Last Saturday I set a goal of riding 5 hours to make sure I was ready for that much saddle time during the Ridgeline Rampage which is coming up in 2 weeks.  I wanted to make sure my body was ready to ride that long and that my nutrition plan would keep my power output up during that riding time.

The ride was a total success.  I got in 4:52 and 84 miles, averaging over 17 mph with a normalized power just above my level 2 power level, 208W.  My power to heartrate decouple was under 17%, which is pretty good for my outdoor rides.

The ride ended up being great.  I'm glad I got that effort in.  I'll need a few more like that in the coming months, however I'll need to put more climbing in the route.

On Sunday I was given a second hall pass so I hit the team ride.  The legs felt pretty good and I put in a few efforts to remind the body what speed feels like.  It's funny how much of a benefit those long endurance rides give me.  During the ride we had a little snow squall got through, fortunately it wasn't even enough to get the pavement totally wet.  In the end, I felt great and my nutrition plan worked well to tack on another 50 miles.

Monday I got a little skills lesson during a mountain bike ride, which frankly, was something I needed.  Vincent offered up some pointers which captured the issues I has having and if I can get out and work on it, should help.

This weekend is going to be a little interesting in the riding department but I should be able to get in a few rides.  And with the weather hitting the 70's this week, I'll certainly be out to enjoy and welcome spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment