Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Riding with Confidence

As I've written in the past, I just don't feel like I'm up to speed so far this year.  Which is OK if its just a fitness thing but I also feel like I'm not riding with confidence.  I don't feel like I'm riding well, riding too stiff, no flow, can't corner well, descending skills suck, I'm leaving big gaps when riding in a group, etc.  It's not good and I feel like my lack of abilities is further hurting my confidence.  I used to feel as though my skills were an advantage of mine, now they seem to be missing. I've had a few friends crash this season, and they're fine but I seem to have this mental block and fear of having to wear a little Tegaderm.  

I need to get my mojo back.  I need to get back to enjoying the wind in my face, leaving my worries behind.  Not carrying them with me.  Perhaps I need to set up for a few skills workouts and remember what I can do.   Not sure there's time this week, but I'll set it as a priority.  



No comments:

Post a Comment