Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting back into the groove

The training plan had me back on the bike today for nice little ride with a few short efforts. My body however was not feeling up to the task. A little achy, I would have rather took a nap. But I pushed on. My legs actually began to feel pretty good, improving as the ride went on. By the end of the ride I was patting myself on the back and saying... see you did want to ride. The weather was nice, cloudy, cool, calm and overcast. Someday it's going to get sunny and hot, so I am enjoying it while I can.

I did get to ride in a new jersey today. It's a jersey I won at a Winter Park race last year. After the race there was a bunch of drawings for prizes and I won "a new saddle." Cool. Except it was $80 off and their POS saddle was like $80 and the next saddle was $120. So, they just wanted you to fill out the form and send in your money and you can have your "free" saddle. No thanks, fortunately, they also had an option for a jersey (supplies limited). I didn't have to send them more money so I took the jersey. I mailed in the form last December. I figured they just decided to forget about it and to be honest, I was ok with that. Its not like I use their products. Well, guess what showed up in the mail yesterday. A new jersey that I won... 10 months ago! It doesn't look too bad and it fits pretty well, so ... I guess I'll wear it. Free that looks good is... good.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment