Monday, September 21, 2009

Preschool Everyday!?

Last Friday, after returning from my short notice work travel, I was the volunteer at Kailee's preschool. Typically this is a role my wife fills but this time Kailee specifically requested that I come to her school so she so she could be the special helper (children of parent volunteers are the special helper). Since I'm not typically chosen like that, I made every effort to attend.

Kailee and I arrived early to help set things up. We started off with recess time, then we sat around and explained what we were going to do. Then it was activity time, puzzles, art, water table and making apple pie. We were off to wash our hands then it was snack time. We ate cheese, grapes (cut in half) and the apple pie we made. Then we read some books and soon it was over.

I had a great time and all the kids were very helpful. It was funny how they would correct me and tell me what I should be doing.

It felt good and I had a great time. It's fun to see how many fundamentals a child learns in preschool. After school I brought Kailee to work for about an hour... but thats another story. You'll have to ask her what she thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment