Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Weather is Changing

I happened to be watching the weather last night (or at least checking it on my iphone), which is important as we roll into fall. Sounds like a good front is going to blow in this evening. I decided to be a little pro-active and get in a ride this morning. Out to my favorite workout hill, Lookout Mountain.

My legs felt... trashed. Actually, I would say they hurt. Not a good sign. I've been trying to work on some cyclocross specific workouts and since a cross race is typically a time trail with other people on the coarse at the same time, I had planned to just TT to the top. But the thought made me cringe. Instead I bumped up the intensity a little and backed down on the time... intervals. It's actually a good workout for me, above threshold to strain the body and hopefully adapt. Had I time trialed to the top it would have taken 23-25 minutes. With intervals I get an average power output higher than what I would have put out in a TT and the total intervals time is ~25 minutes (I went to the mansion). Not bad.

Now, it's time to rest and get ready for this weekends Frisco adventure.

A photo from the top this morning, pretty clear air. Nice morning. Quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment