Thursday, October 1, 2009

My New Ride

I have only ever owned two cars, with the exception of the cars my wife has been through. Both of them hatchback Honda Civics. Yes, my first was a 1983 and the car I've been driving for the past 16 (yes - SIXTEEN) years is a 1993 Honda Civic. They've both been great cars, hell the 93 is still good (I still gets nearly 40 mph)- you almost can't buy a car with that high miles per gallon and it's sixteen years later! Sad really

Back when I was single, a small "sporty" (or at least that's how I felt driving it) car was perfect. Once I got married, it was still mostly ok. Now that I have two kids, it's just a sad, "Dad's former glory" - "get Dad to work car."

Well, that has all come to an end. I introduce to you my new green car a (the 93 was green too... and we called it the green car) 2000 Toyota 4 Runner. I can seat the family comfortably and I can tow stuff, if I had anything to tow. Since I can't call it "the green car" I have elected to let the children name it. They have selected "monster truck" - based on them recently watching a monster truck crush cars on TV the other night while preparing for bed.

Last week, while getting tires of the new car , my daughter asked me to get the big tires.... so we could drive over all the other cars. To that I replied, with a daydream smile, "That would be sweet!"

Now.... I'm broke but I'm looking good doing it (or at least that's how I feel driving it).

No comments:

Post a Comment