Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Never Happened to Me Before!

This past Saturday I decided to head out an do a race at a new local race series that's being put on, the Front Range Mountain Bike Series . Basically it's a short track mountain bike race that's twice as long as normal, which means it's a cyclocross races with no dismounting (somthing I think I can do). I wanted to test the legs, see if I could hold on for the entire race and have fun. More importantly it was being held in essentially "my back yard." It was so much fun, I would highly recommend this race series to everyone, the promoters are doing a great job out there and they deserve our support. Mountain biking, in the city, in the spring... you have to go!

Six degrees to slush was out taking some great photos and got some great shots of me in my race, so I will use them as a photo show of how the race went.

First I warmed up, trying to stay out of the way of the racers.


Then we lined up. (Damn that TER kit looks good)


And we're off, I tried to stay off the front but near the front. Just relaxing.


The first climb up the hill I was sitting in 4 or 5th place. Just trying to stay out of trouble.


Heading back up the climb in a good place, but a few of the leaders were showing signs of fatigue.


I wasn't going to wait so, I punched it. On only the second lap. I had three chasers. It felt early so I tried to ride smart and not blow up. I had 5 more laps to go!


I climbed....


and raced...


Showing everyone my...


All the way to the finish line for my first victory. I road the Cannondale 29er with the Lefty locked out almost the entire time. The bike was sweet, powerful and let me rip it up. It felt good. Time to upgrade for the next race. This is a good start to the rest of the Cyclocross pre-season!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment