Thursday, April 29, 2010

Drill Baby Drill

I don't normally like to talk politics but after catching up on the news, I see one of America's coastal oil rigs has had a little problem in the Gulf of Mexico. It's been dumping oil into the gulf for the past few days and they can't seem to turn it off. The oil hasn't reached land yet but I'm guessing more people will get pretty bent out of shape when it does.

I seem to remember a certain political slogan from a few years back being "drill baby drill." The intent was to put more of these things around our country and coastline. It was and still is a stupid idea. I mean, what are you going to do when you burn up all that new oil? It was always unsustainable and didn't really fix anything, it simply delayed the inevitable when the cheep easy oil is gone. Now there's a huge environmental nightmare floating in the gulf (oh and it's currently getting bigger).

I bet it'll be awhile before we hear that stupid slogan again. I feel bad for the workers that lost their lives and for the folks on the gulf coast that will have to suffer through this.

Sorry for the rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment