Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cannondale Flash 29er Lefty Blow Out

So last week I went mountain biking at Lookout and had a great time! The Flash 29er was outstanding. The now tubeless small block 8 tires had issues but we survived and now I have them fixed.

Last Thursday I was finally getting time to clean up the bike when I noticed the Lefty was leaking oil down the side of the fork from the top. I cleaned it up and started playing with the fork some more. The fork no longer locked out when I turn it to the locked out position. The best one was when I push down hard on the fork oil would shoot out the holes in the side of the dust cover boot. Just shooting over the brake rotor. oil + brake rotor = better not go too fast!

So, basically the Lefty's out of action. LBS says the seal is blown and they want to return it to Cannondale for warranty service. Also heard they had another 29er Lefty come in last week with a similar problem. From what I remember about the ride last week, I didn't hit anything big or in an awkward position. So, I'm without a mountain bike. Fortunately the Winter Park race I was going to do last week let me move my registration to a later race. I'll let you know how long it takes to get repaired. I hope it'll be soon we're getting into the mountain racing season and I want to get out and ride!

1 comment:

  1. Same thing happened to me - lockout wouldnt work, then oil leak then complete lose of tention....

    ReplyDelete