Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Training

It's been a few days since the road race and I've had time to reflect on how I feel and my power data from the race. The good news is I feel pretty good, the legs aren't too sore and I actually feel motivated to ride. I'd actually like to go hit some hills but for some reason finding time to get there is holding me back.

The discouraging news, well kind of, is my power output from the race. I've never gotten my max powers while racing; you get tired as the race goes on and my power drops. But so does everyone else. The sad part is my power levels and outputs are the same or slightly lower than they were for my Deer Trail race, last year. I think Deer Trail is a much easier race compared to the Morgul-Bismark.

I need to spend some time re-evaluating my training plan and program. If there's no improvement since last year, I have a problem with that. I have power testing coming up this week, we'll have to see were I fall out. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment