Sunday, February 23, 2014

Starting Season Statistics

Ok, weekend goals completed.

To determine my season starting threshold power (FTP) I used the TrainerRoad.com 8-minute test workout.  It's pretty simple, two 8 minute all out efforts.  You take the average power from the two efforts and 90% of that number is your estimated FTP.  The TrainerRoad system calculates everything for you.  On a side note, the TrainerRoad program has been really helpful for me.  I've enjoyed it and find it useful.  I have a couple of screen shots of the test below.

During the first 8 minutes I averaged 309W and the second 312W.  I feel like I paced my efforts pretty well and I was happy about that.  At some point I'll do the twenty minute test and see how it compares.  The test results are that my FTP is currently at 279W.  It could be a little higher if I'd done this outdoors but I'm just looking for a reproducible test result and this should be close enough.

Also, my body weight was 180 lbs.  Again, not too bad.  Races that I've performed well at have been when my weight was closer to 175 or a little lower.  Hopefully this base season will allow me time to burn some of those calories and shed a few pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment