Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Tis the Season

Ok, it’s time to get a little more serious and start mapping out and preparing for the 2014 season.  It’s time to begin getting in some longer base miles, not that I haven’t been riding a little, but now it’s time to get a little more formal about it.  Time to analyze those workouts to a greater degree and make sure things are progressing.

This is the latest I’ve ever started my season, I typically try to start those base miles in early January.  With the cold weather and snow we've had this year, I’m glad I haven’t been on the trainer as much as that would have required.  My plan is to kick everything off with a power test this weekend and a body weight measurement.  I can’t say I’m look forward to either of these but it needs to be done.  This will be my starting point.


Once my power numbers are identified I’ll use them to target my endurance power zones and begin ticking off the miles.  The goal will be getting to body adapted to consistently riding and building up my aerobic engine to get it ready for the season.  I'll post on the results this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment