Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lookout..

I made my first trip over to Lookout Mountain. This little gem isn't too far away and I've been using it to gauge my fitness for a couple of years. I didn't pushing things too hard but looking at the data after the ride, things are right on target if not a little ahead. In my quest to improve, its good news.

The ride started out a little cold but I wanted to get out early. I was on tap for Daddy time this afternoon.

Lots of folks out enjoying the day. The most I've seen this year. I have been surprised by the number of people riding on the road without helmets. As far as I am concerned, its their thing but I have blown out a helmet and walked away, making me a believer.

No pictures, the camera is still at my parents but the route is below. 4300 ft of elevation gain and 57 miles total. This time I went up lookout then down grapevine, I think next time I would go up from Morison to grapevine, its a nice quiet road but has a lot of gravel and dirt.

On a side note, I got a twitter account. You can see some of my posts on the left side of this page. Its been fun to play with. Still trying to figure it out. Check me out if you have an account.

No comments:

Post a Comment