Monday, August 24, 2009

A Good Cyclocross Workout

Someone once asked me for a good cyclocross workout. After some thought, this is what it should sound like, in your head.

“Ok, I am going to go out here and kill it. I am going to dominate this year”…..

“3,…2,….1,…. Go”…..

“This isn’t so bad”…..

“Wow, this is a little ouchy”….

“I wonder if I’m going finish the entire interval”…..

“I don’t feel so good”….

“I think I’m going to puke”….

“Should I stop if I’m going to puke?”…..

“Shut up and focus!”……

“Why am I doing this to myself?”…..

“I’m not going to dominate, I might die right here!”……

“Push, Push, 3,….2,….1,… stop”…..

“Breath, Breath, Breath…. Ouch”…..

“Wow, I made it….. That was awesome….. I killed it… I feel great.”

“How many more of these do I have to do? Oh man 5 more, but I’m hurting. Maybe this means I should only do 3 more. Sweet, I am going to be flying this year.”

1 comment: