Monday, August 3, 2009

Crankworx Cross Country Report

This past weekend was race number 4 of the 6 race series I am "participating" in this summer. This was a race I was a little worried about. I can't say I was putting much pressure on for this race. So far, my mountain biking legs haven't been that great. My real goal was to see if I could ride within my self and not blowup. I just wanted to avoid the issues I've had in the previous races.

The entire family came up with me this time. The kids are starting to have more fun at the races. I know it's work for my wife but it is fun having them there. I am learning to be more patient and still get through my pre-race routine. Kailee likes to find other riders on my team that match my kit and Nate likes to .... throw rocks.


The race started with a rather large "hill" to lead things out. I didn't want to blow up on that baby making the rest of the race super painful. So while the race started like a shot out of a gun, I stayed at my pace. The coarse ended up being pretty muddy and slippery, especially on the exposed wet rocks and tree roots. Not too surprising based on the recent weather. I saw a lot of people stack it up, it looked like a number of them ended their season setting there holding their shoulders.


I have to say this race went much better than the last one.. at least from the perspective of how I felt. I certainly didn't finish very high up but my back did well and I finished strong. Passing a number of racers on the final climb and descent.


After the race Kailee climbed the rock wall and them the two of us hit the Alpine Slide. It was a good time. All in all, I think the entire family had a great time. No photos from the race but based on the condition of the bike you can envision how it all looked.


No comments:

Post a Comment