Friday, August 21, 2009

A little more on the clinic

Wow, this week has flown by. Last week the family and I were on vacation. This week I needed to 1. Get back to work (you know how that can be after taking a week off) and 2. put on a cyclocross clinic. Unfortunately in 3rd place has been family time followed by getting a chance to ride my bike. So sad, that's life.

The clinic was awesome! A great bunch of very excited racers came out. I had a blast trying to unload my passion to them. Everyone that showed up was an accomplished rider but getting across all the subtleties of cross in the time we had was a challenge. By the time I made it home after the clinic I was so amp'd up I couldn't sleep. The next day I was pretty tired from pooring my effort into the event.

I have recieved a number of notes from people saying how much they enjoyed the clinic and how excited they are to tryout their new skills. Even if I just see a couple of them at the races, it would really make my season! As the cyclocross director on this team I've worked to build a group of racers. My first season had two of us regularly racing. Last year we had a typical crew of 4-5 racers. This year could be a big leap, lets hope so.

Here are a few more photos from the event:

Adam, one of my key assistants (a great guy... made this clinic easy.. thanks) ripping the practice loop.

Class is in sesion

Yes, cyclocross is hard and you might get muddy but it's a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment