Friday, July 31, 2009

This Weeks Action

Wow, is it Friday already. Sweet.

Things are starting to get back to normal after my, and the families, cold. I am better but the kids and especially Melissa still have a little cough and runny nose. I think they have just been passing it around to each other.

The weather sure has been strange this week. I'm not complaining about the cool temperatures. Twice these week I took rides in the morning before work so I would miss the rain and both times I was needing extra warmers to stay comfortable out there. Wednesday morning I went up Lookout mountain and the humidity was so high you could see it. That doesn't happen ... ever ... in July!

The weather lady on the news said yesterday was a record low for a high temperature. Snow on Pikes Peak (sorry everyone, you'll have to put your shoes back on, you can't run around without shoes until the snow melts off the peak).

Maybe global warming really means the loss of seasons. I remember having days in January that were as warm as it was yesterday.

Anyway, in another interesting cycling and marketing related story that has been buzzing around on the Internet. There was an ad in ROAD Magazine for a supplement that helps you ride faster. They are obviously a sponsor for Team Astana as shown by this photo of team blasting to a Team Time Trial victory in this years Tour de France. So elegant, so beautiful, working together, putting other racers hopes and dreams ...... wait a minute, who is that dude in the background and what is he wearing? What does this product do for you? How in the world did this photo end up as and advertisement? Which Corn Dog Hut is the editor working at now? I'll take my dog with no nuts please. Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment