Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I Just Couldn't See It

Last night I got out for a great ride on Lookout Mountain. When I left work it was pouring rain. But I could see the sun was shinning towards Golden. Once in the car I think the rain got even heavier. Huge drops. About two miles from Golden it stopped, the sun came out and the road was dry. Score, luck was on my side, I was going to have a good/dry ride.

I met up with a couple of other board members from my cycling team. They're a fun group of very knowledgeable folks. I always look forward to riding with them. I got to talking to my friend Will about my training dilemmas and recent poor performances at the past couple of mountain bike races. I can't tell you how helpful it is to have someone who has been through it before listen and objectively say "sounds like your doing too much X or too little y." When he said it, it just rang in my head. Duh, I knew that, I just couldn't see it.

Will, thanks for listening and offering some ideas!

Now I have a little more focus on the training side. Some ideas that should get things back in order. Get rid of some of the fatigue and speed everything up.

The primary item on the agenda was the Mt Evans Hill Climb. We are putting on the race this year. It's the single largest race on the ACA calender, climbing to the top of the highest paved road in North America. Riding your bike above 14,000 feet is HARD! The race is in need of volunteers, if your interested please click the link above and check it out. I will be volunteering instead of racing, hauling my big carcass up that hill is a lot of work. Volunteering will be more enjoyable!

The Tour stages have been great! Hope your watching. In celibration of the tour I ordered some new CX parts: tires, cassette, Stans, chainring. Because with the tour ends it's time to change gears and get my hup on.

No comments:

Post a Comment