Monday, July 27, 2009

A Weekend for Recovery

As I mentioned in previous posts, the entire family has been sick. Including me. This weekend all of our plans were cancelled. It was time to get everyone better. We spent a little time out walking around, watching TV and resting. As the weekend passed and people were feeling better we got in more outdoor activities. We enjoyed being outside as the weather was great and the pile of disgusting snotty tissues was growing ever larger.

No racing and minimal riding provided time to catch up on bicycle maintenance. I have had some items that needed attention. I got the CX chain rings put on the cyclocross bike, meaning the bike is ready for fall but the wheels still need some attention. I re greased all the pivot points on the mountain bike as well as overhauled the rear hub. It was in pretty good shape, I am impressed with how well the dust covers have held up on these Shimano XT hubs. The road bike even got a little attention, I rebuild and greased up the bottom bracket. Now to pre-race ride the bikes to make sure everything is ship shape.

This morning things appear to have gotten back to normal. The Tour de France is over and that provides some additional time in the mornings. So I got out for a short run followed by a core workout. The kids and family are back to their morning routine.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment