Thursday, July 2, 2009

CSP Crit

Well, the thunderstorms were rolling through again this evening. I was planning to race the CSP practice crit to try my legs. It was sprinkling rain at work but I went over the the CSP track anyway. When I got there the sun was shining and the roads were dry. Sweet, I started changing.. because.. why would the race be cancelled.

Shortly after I started to get ready two ladies, also getting ready to race asked if the race was cancelled. I said "why, it's great out here." They agreed. Another guy made the call and sure enough, Cancelled.

Bummer. Another race opurtunity missed because of the threat of bad weather. Granted, bad weather on top of south table mountian could be deadly. Maybe it was the right call.

Maybe next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment