Sunday, September 19, 2010

Race # 1 PPV CX #1

Well, my first cyclocross race of the year is in the books. I went back to Colorado Springs for a rematch. Last year I finished 21st, this year I was up to 7th of 40 starters. My legs felt pretty good and I had a decent start. I was perhaps overly patient and too conservative but it worked this time. I'll have to be more aggressive as my legs come around.

Interesting note, the SM35+/4 had 40 starters. The SM4 group had 10 and at least one of them can race in the SM35+/4 group. Were are all the young dudes?

The movie is from Josh, racing in the smaller SM4 group. It gives you an idea of what the race coarse was. I'll put pictures up as and if I find them.


Update:
I found some good photos of this race so I thought I would put them up. There were all taken by Mountain Moon Photography. She is so nice out on the race coarse and I love the pictures. Go find yourself in her race photos.

The start, I was front row middle.


Didn't want the hole shot (I've blown up doing that), I tried to ride within myself.



Todd was flying caught and passed me near the end.


Get off the couch and up that hill slacker!

No comments:

Post a Comment