Monday, October 4, 2010

"I am no longer Specialized"

Some would say cyclocross is hard on your equipment but in all fairness I have to tell you this happened while riding with my 3 year old in front of the house. I was soft peddling out the garage when suddenly the back wheel was rubbing on the brakes. I thought the quick release had just slipped. Nope, the Specialized hub cracked from a spoke hole on the drive side splitting all the way to the middle of the hub. I don't think I'll be truing this baby back up, she's done! Catastrophically

Really glad I wasn't racing these bad boys at the time.

So now I'm down a set of wheels. I think I'll look from some tubular replacements for cyclocross. I wanted to go that way eventually, this just accelerates things a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment