Thursday, April 9, 2009

Food is Better in Bed!

I have been having a lot of fun with the kids this week.

On Tuesday our four year old, Kailee, stayed up and watched TV with us. She saw someone get breakfast in bed. Later that night she comes to me and says "Dad, I want you to bring me breakfast in bed, after I sleep,.... with the blue tray. I want waffles, blue yogurt and milk." At first I didn't know quite what to say, so I said " uuuuuuuuh.... OK."

So the next morning I set out to see if she would remember and stay in bed. Guess what (I think she was really tired and sleeping, but she was in bed). So, I got out the blue tray, got a fresh waffle from the morning stash (mom was making some), blue yogurt and milk. I went up stairs and let her have breakfast in bed. When I walked in the door she as a little dazed and confuzed at first. But when she relized what was happening, she smiled, turned her head slightly and said "Dad,..(smile).. I love you." So I sat with her while she ate. It was a truly heart warming experience for me.

This morning Kailee decided (on her own) to repay the favor. She came our room and woke up Mom. Ask me what I wanted for breakfast and told mom to go make it, while she snuggle with me. :) Mom was a party pooper and said she had to help. So off they went. Only to return with the blue tray and french toast! Nice.

Nate (2 yr old) even helped me eat my breakfast, thanks bud.

When I was done, we all went downstairs. Nate grabbed his pancakes off the table and headed up stairs. Initially I was quite concerned, where was he going with all that sticky syrup? So I followed. He jumped in our bed, fixed the pillows so he could sit up and ate the rest of his breakfast.. in bed.

These two never cease to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment