Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quick Update

This past week has been a busy one. A lot of things going on at work... which is good but other (minor) things fall by the wayside. That can be an issue for the other (more important) half of my life.

I have been trying to recover from my Deer Trail efforts while continuing to build my fitness. Had to dig pretty deep to pull that intensity this early. Looking back through the past couple of weeks of training I feel like I am at a plateau in my fitness. At least things aren't starting to slide... yet. The season priorities are still a ways off so I shouldn't be too discouraged. I still have time to get those Watts a little higher.

On Tuesday during my ride I came across a small herd of deer, just hanging out and taking a break. You can see them in the photo, mostly laying in the greening field. It was fun to stop and watch the peaceful seen for a few minutes. Look at that blue sky!


Yesterday I went out to find a new bike trail I had heard about. It was really nice. Quiet and had a nice view. I am suppose to lead a "recovery" team ride Monday the 4th out of Golden, I think I'll use this route. I hope we have a good turn out but I am not going to hold my breath either way it will be a good time. If your interested and in the neighborhood, feel free to join us. There is a team board meeting after the ride, those are always fun.


On a more positive note, parts are arriving! Pictures soon, very exciting!

Next race - looks like it will be Lookout Mountain this Saturday. The race doesn't really suit me but at least I wont suffer too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment