Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Fish and Deck

A couple of weekends ago, during one of our last big snows, we got and setup a fish tank for the kids. I am the "responsible parent" for the fish. Not that big of a deal but the kids are in to it! It's actually a challenge to keep them off of it at times. Feeding time is a frenzy for everyone. Everyone wants a peice of the action and the satifaction of feeding our only ... pets.

Nate gets the first try, I put a small pinch of food in his hand but he can't quite reach the opening at the top of the tank. So I give him a little boost and for the most part, he misses the hole almost everytime. But he did go through the motion so he's satisfied. Basically the first pinch ends up down the front of the tank and on the floor. Not to worry, Kailee is much better and generally gets a small amount of food in the tank. My third pinch usually gets the fish fed.

Its a good fun and everyone comes out happy for contributing. Mom even gets to play a role, we leave the spilled fish food for her because we're responsible for the fish.... not the floor. :P Sshh don't tell her.



On a side note, the back deck and sidewalk are being poured today. The kids have been impressed! I hope we can keep them off it until its dry. They were a little too excited about the man standing in the concrete this morning.
The best part was my wife told me she loved that the director on the project was a micromanager of everyone elses work. For those of you that know Melissa... I just laughed, smiled and said "I'm sure you do sweetie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment