Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Weekend

This weekend has been about early training rides to avoid the rain, canceled races (again) and bike maintenance.

Friday morning I enjoyed mountain biking Mt Falcon then dropping back down Lair O Bear. Great trails. I've never been on them before.. I'll be back! Fog was rolling in through the trees and over the tops of the hills as I climbed. It was beautiful and peaceful. Time I enjoyed. It was just me, the clouds, trees and hill. Life made simple!

Saturday was about the family. I got in a short run then spent the morning at Kailee's soccer game. She scored 8 goals in a 30 minute game.... she didn't even play the entire game! She was the team ringer... for this game. More importantly she had fun. It brings me great joy to see her enjoyment for physical activity and sports.

Sunday was the Koppenberg race. The rains ensured this race was cancelled...agian. Half the coarse is on a dirt road with a steep climb. When wet and muddy it becomes a slick pan with pancake mud... (put your food down and you have a pancake on it). I feel sorry for the promoter, it's a lot of work to put in on, it's a good race but mother nature has made it very difficult this year. Once cancelled, my teammate for the race and I got together for a great road ride in the hills. My legs felt so good after the ride.

When I got home, Kailee and I went to the pool... untill we were rain/lightninged out.

No comments:

Post a Comment