Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring is here

This has been a busy week.... seems like they all are.

Monday we had a team board meeting. Fortunately we started out with a ride, then had a meeting. Not much new going on. Getting the last of the clothing out, dealing with sponsors, wrapping up plans for clinics and target races. Also got updates on the two races our team is promoting. It really is a lot of work, I am super proud of our two directors! Please support them by racing or volunteering at the Burn MTB TT and Mt Evens Hill Climb.

It appears spring has finally hit. Especially this week. We are flirting with temperatures in the seventies and everything is greening up. I've been fully and completely evicted from the garage, replaced by children's toys and strollers. I am about to loose my driveway privileges as we are going to remove our old crappy deck and will need a place to put it before its removed. There has also been a lot of road construction happening.... It's not clear if they were due solely to spring or if they were just shovel ready bailout projects.

The road work projects are so busy they are stepping all over each other. Last night I was on a ride, on my standard roads, laughing at how bad they had messed this one up. I will include a map so you can follow the silliness.

Some of you may know they have been working on Co-58 for some time. Recently they closed the highway, forcing everyone to exit at McIntyre then drive up 44th to get to Golden. I am not sure how long the road has been closed but Monday evening it was closed and it was closed again last night, so potentially the past couple of days. Anyway, I was riding up 44th which is not a big road and it was basically a parking lot. Well it is a highway being forced onto a small side road. Well that wasn't the only problem, someone decided it would be a good idea to paint new lane lines on 44th.... at 5 pm .... while it was the detour for a highway! And, it had been the detour for the highway for at least the past couple of days... no surprises. If there had been any kind of sign indicating "idiot ahead" I surely would have detoured but like everyone else I found my self crawling along.

I don't know who the project "planner" was but I would like to thank them. It was a beautiful day out! Unfortunately not everyone shared my pleasure to be out! In the words of a more popular cycling blogger - AYHSMB! Oh and the project "planner" he better bring donuts and volunteer to be the guy with the shovel while everyone else watches today because I hear its a tuff job market out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment