Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Moving along

Everything is coming along. My training is going well, work is well and I am finally getting to spend some time at home this week. Unfortunately this blog isn’t coming a long. I wanted to make the stories more exciting and interesting but I got nothing. So, I’ll keep giving you the minutia that is my life. Maybe somthing spicey will comeup every now and again.

Last week I had to travel for work and sadly it wasn’t for a super-exiting event, although it was in West Palm Beach, Florida. I didn't get out at all, I ended up working on a proposal after my meeting in the hotel room. Before I left I had a few hours to kill before going to the airport, this was the only time I got to the beach. It was blowing like crazy and raining, so I just hung out in the car and enjoyed the silence. Funny how that did me good.


My new Cannondale Flash 29er 2 came in while I was away. I picked it up this past weekend and it is sweet! Interestingly a couple of the components that were spec’d to be on the bike were changed. Looks like Cannondale is currently building their 2010 29ers with 2009 build kits. The only big change that I asked them to fix is the fact that it should come with an FSA BB30 bottom bracket and crankset but came with an adaptor and some standard low end Shimano thing. Fortunately they're swapping that out for free. Also the shifters are correct but the derailleurs were both wrong. Should come with both SRAM X7 but the rear is SRAM X9 (I am ok with that change) and the front is another Shimano thing (It’s the front derailleur, not too worried). Here is a photo of how I got it, it’s currently at the shop for the new bottom bracket and crankset, I’ll have more to say and show when I get it back. By the way, I love that the paint turned out a little darker than Cannondale's photos on the web.


As for my training things appear to be on target. I've been spending most of my time on the trainer down in the pain cave (basement). It’s easy to control my workouts there. The powertap lets me accurately control my HR and power output. When I’ve gone on group rides it has been too hard to stay in my target ranges. The group is either surging and going too hard or chilling out and going too easy. Based on this, I think I need to ride in some smaller groups or just get out on my own. I am coming up on my first training goal, I wanted to be under 180 lbs by the end of Feb. I've been in the 178 – 180 lbs range for the past week, that’s 8-10 lbs lighter than my race weight most of last year. It should really help the power to weight ratio.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment