Friday, February 19, 2010

A week of ups and downs

Wowza....... but before I get into my whining drabble, happy Friday!

Sadly things have been happing this week that tend to stress me out. Nothing stresses me out more than things that were working but have since stopped. It’s the classic case of everything was fine and dandy, now I have to spend my time and energy to getting them working again.

My first and foremost issue this week is work. I primarily do a lot of Government contract research; I write the research proposal and then, hopefully, win a contract and do the research and develop a new product. Prior to last Thanksgiving, I was notified that I would be awarded 3 new contracts (a great achievement for me). In addition it came at great time as some of my previous funding was ending. Well, sadly I still don’t have the money; it’s stuck in the government contracting bureaucracy. Every time I ask if I can provide something for them they say it will be just a few more weeks. Things came to a head this week and I’ve had to start working on other people’s projects to bridge the gap in funding. I think things will be fine but it’s been a huge pain and a lot of stress. Got to get the kid’s their mac and cheese you know.

While all of this has happened at work, things at home have also had issues. The home computer died. Not just a little death either, it appears to have completely croaked. It was time for a new one but now it will be like starting over. Of coarse not all the information I would have wanted backed up is (or any of it), so I guess I’ll get to spend some time on that (after I find a new computer). The monster truck also has some issues. The water pump is leaking so that equals a new water pump and timing belt. The transmission fluid needs to be changed and the trailer lights (which we will need for our up coming Moab trip) are out and I need a new converter box. Crap; this of coarse was a lot more stressful prior to the above work situation being worked out.

On a lighter note, training is moving forward. The weather sucks but I haven’t had an issue with motivation so the trainer is still my friend. I was able to hit all of my first target weight lifting goals this week. So now I’m just trying to build up a little more, focus on my rides and keeping the weight down.

Thanks for reading. My next post will be more possitive... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment