Monday, December 29, 2008

The Great Outdoors


After a short weight lifting work out I went over to Boulder to try out the Velodrome. Unfortunately they had changed the schedule and decided that someone with racing (road racing) experience should be in the intermediate class. The funny part was their deciding criteria, "Do you have a matching top and bottom (ed. Kit) under there?". So come back tomorrow. I got signed up for a class tomorrow morning. My friend Rick and I watched for a little while, looks like fun! I wonder if I will get dizzy?

The weather was really head turning after the cold we have had. I headed out for some nice base miles. The sun was out and the the winds were no were near what they were predicted to be, at least at my house. After a few miles of fun relaxing miles it was home for some family fun time. It was great to get those miles in just after Christmas. At least it makes me feel like I am burning a lot of calories.

We took the kids for a nice hike around Dinosaur Ridge. They have closed the road over the ridge making it a much more family friendly place to be. We all had a good time and the dinosaur foot prints and bones were a hit. Nate had a bit of an melt down on the return trip to the car. After assuring him his Ki Ki (blanket) was in the car, he became a little more focused for the return trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment