Monday, December 22, 2008

Preparation

It's time to start thinking about the 2009 cycling season. Coach tells me it is time to start getting ready.

This morning I hit the gym. Until recently, I have not lifted any weights in about 9 months. If you have ever lifted weights then stopped and started again, you know.... start easy!! You can ruin the day after if you lift too much. With that in mind, I started lifting a few weeks ago. You know, very small weights. An amount were everyone in the free weight room looks at the chicken armed cyclist bench pressing the old lady pink weights that are kept on the floor at the end of the weight rack. Those first weeks look bad... but hey.... it's going to pay off.

Now that the plan has started, I am ready. I might still be benchpressing the old lady pink weights but I leg pressed 2 sets of 20 with 200 lbs + the weight of the sled. Not bad for December.

No comments:

Post a Comment