Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mr Mom

Exciting times at my house. My wife flew out to Vegas this morning to take part in the Rock n' Roll Marathon. She's been training throughout this fall to get ready. I believe we've worked well together, she has gotten all her runs in for the Marathon and I've been allowed to race a full cyclocross season. We've made compromises, I've missed some races and she has even had to do some of her longer runs on a treadmill (OUCH, mind numbing!). I would like to add in my defense, her treadmill runs were due to the weather. Anyway, wish her luck on Sunday. She's been looking to improve her on her last Marathon time, I think she'll do great.

So I've taken the next couple of days off work to watch the kids, through Monday. So far, ~12 hours in, things have been pretty good. I made all the appointments (preschool, gym and gymnastics) and managed to get home with everyone and everything. No major injuries or anything. Hell, I even got some work done around the house. (With all the activities going on this fall, there's a lot of need in that department.)

I have a sitter all lined up so I can hit the last cyclocross race of the season this Saturday, the Colorado State Championship. The weather has been very cold and there's snow on the ground. It's not going to warm up before Saturday so this will be an interesting race. Whatever, I don't even care, I'll be there! My team is still in Third place and I want to make sure we keep it.

Once this weekend is over, I wonder what the hell I'm going to do next weekend. Both of us finishing our athletic endeavors on the same weekend. Maybe I'll stay in my PJ's all weekend, eat bacon, watch the 100 channels of TV I get (even thou there never seems to be anything worth watching) and surf the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment