Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daddy is the Mommy

This past Sunday, "Daddy was the Mommy", as Nate described it. Melissa went to help my sister and her family get ready to sell their house. I had a day of activities planned for us to help us get through.

The morning started out with breakfast "birthday cake" waffles. Not as big of a hit as the first time. They did eat so I am saying I won. Sadly both kids had a runny nose today and Nate had a rather nasty cough. You know the kind, it kind of hurts their throat so they whine at you and cough in your face at every opportunity to make sure you understand how they feel.

After breakfast I finally got them dressed and got snacks, drinks, lunch, diapers, jackets, backpacks, shoes and car seats set up and we were off for our adventure (once Nate was done with his 8th time out of the morning for hitting). To dinosaur ridge and red rocks.

Look at all those dino footprints! Kailee really enjoyed it and wanted to hike to all the sites.
"Daddy that 3 toed dinosaur must have been big!" At Red Rocks, I even parked at the top so they wouldn't have to climb the stairs after they hiked all of dinosaur ridge.
But that didn't matter, they immediately climbed down to the stage to check out all the action. You can see in the photo they were very interested in the show. Kailee decided she needed to workout and got her Yoga on in the first row. Then they ran the stairs back to the car while I chased. Nate crashed hard for a nap and Kailee went to play with the neighbors when we got home. I am still trying to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment