Friday, January 15, 2010

The Group Ride

During the winter months it's always a great boost, both mentally and physically, to get outdoors for a long ride. For most of the winter days it's simply not possible, too cold, snowy or dark. However when you have a quite weekend coming up and the weather is going to be nice and there's no snow on the ground, your mind starts to dream. A nice long ride.. and what could be better than riding with your friends.

So what is the problem? I haven't ridden more than a couple of hours (almost 2hrs) at a time in a few months, they have. Hell, I've only ridden outside once in the past month in a half. Sad

What I need is just saddle time. I need a good long ride to build up the aerobic base. The training issue is my competitive nature. There's no race this weekend (well there is but I only have Saturday to ride and the race is Sunday. I have the kids Sunday... would be fun to race but slow). So the question is, can a go to a team ride and get the aerobic ride I need or will I let the moment overrule my brain and mess it up?

I want to stick to the training plan... but can I? We'll see. Maybe I should just plan on getting dropped, then I wont push too hard trying to hold on to something that's not there.

As the new president, maybe I should talk with everyone and get to know them. I hope they ride slow enough..... wait a minute... I hope they ride fast enough to keep up with my minimal HR and power requirements. I don't want to have to ride too slow!

This is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment