Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Mayhem

Wow, what a rush!

All I wanted to do was ride, all I got was so much more!

Saturday I was up early to bottle two batches of homebrew, that's 4 cases of beer, 96 bottles of beer (it's not all for me, so don't worry, I don't have a problem). One batch was an Irish Red and the second was a Porter. Both tasted great! Dave and I had a good time and things went smoothly. We knocked it all out in about 3 hours. Also started planning our next brew and made a list of some additional equipment we need (anyone have a small refrigerator they're looking to unload?) The bottles should be fully carbonated in about 2 weeks. I'll give you an update then.

I rushed home so to watch Nate while Kailee and Melissa went to a Birthday party. Nate and I hung out and had some man to man time. It was warm out so we walked to the park to see how the lake and neighborhood park were doing. Don't worry, they're doing well. After that, Nate was ready for a rest.

Saturday night, Melissa and I went to the Velodrome for a TE and TER board end/beginning of the year party. It was great fun to ride the velodrome and talk with everyone. I think Melissa and I were the only ones that had ridden a Velodrome before. People were totally freaked out by the 45 degree banked turns. There were no crashes or misshapes. Everyone I saw had their fear quickly erased by a smile once they were on the track. We had a blast.

Sunday the in-laws came down and we tackled some work we needed to get done on our new/used popup camper trailer. It's in really good shape, except for the parts that don't work. We're working on those. Thanks Jack for all your help, I really do appreciate it.

After all of that, I got a ride in on the trainer in the basement Sunday night. 1000+Kj on the trainer, in the basement, on Sunday night..... not ideal. On a lighter note, after 1:10:00 my power to HR decoupling was less than 5%, all in the E2 HR range. That's good for the preparation period. Maybe 2010 will be a breakout year (break out of cat 4, ah ahah).... I can dream, it's my blog!

Sadly it all happened so fast, I didn't get any photo's. Kind of lame but I was living life like a kid in a candy store. I'll try and have some photos next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment