Monday, January 25, 2010

The HT 29er

29er on the way.
I've narrowed it down to the Cannondale. Great reviews, good ride, team deal and sweet looks have me sold. Not to mention that the Lefty fork is a full pound lighter than anything else on the market. The component group is solid and the brakes are good. Wheels are solid. Cannondale's been making aluminum hard tails for ... a few years. I've wanted to be a Cannondale owner and now I've reached my goal. What could go wrong.

The question.. do I get the Flash 1 or
the Flash 2
For that, I went to the specs
Frame, is the same.
The Fork, the Flash 1 has a carbon fork and the Flash 2 is aluminum. The weight difference.... wait for it.... 40 grams. 40g = nothing
Rims, Stan's Arch vs DT Swiss. Both weight 470g even if Stan's has that nice rim hook, both will go tubeless.
Hubs are the same
Both have BB30 cranksets.
The big difference are the XT shifters and derailleurs vs SRAM X-7. Cost difference $250
The differences are minor so I saved a few bucks ($800) and went with the Flash 29er 2.

Got a bike fit.. looks like I'm on the XL.

Photos and details when it arrives.

Can't wait till the weather warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment