Thursday, January 14, 2010

Keep'n it Real

So training for next season's races truly begins next week. So far I've just been... you know... getting ready to get ready.

Last year I used Training Peaks to track and help me with my training, but things didn't go as well as I wanted. I didn't stick to the plan very well. Too much .... cheating. With no one keeping me accountable, I ultimately paid the price.

I've thought about getting a personal trainer but it costs from a little to a lot more than I want to pay. Besides, this is a hobby. Part of my enjoyment is tweaking and figuring it out myself. Do you really get as much pleasure out of something when you just pay someone else do do it for you. [Depends on what it is]

With that in mind, I have put a new link to view my Training Peaks log, on the right of the blog. Feel free to click on it and see what I've been up to. It has my work out plan and what I actually did. If you see me wavering too far off the plan, leave me a comment to shape up and fly right.

Oh and by the way, the new Training Peaks layout is pretty nice. Last year I really liked the old layout and didn't think I'd ever use the Beta version. But they've really improved it and I think I like the new setup more than the old. I'll let you know how it goes as I get more use out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Cheating...you never mentioned you were cheating... guess the wife's always the last to know! :) Good Riding my love! Mel

    ReplyDelete