Thursday, January 8, 2009

Busy Day

Yesterday just got away from me..

I was planning to ride outside. The warm temperatures were calling my name. But the hurricane force winds changed my mind. When I looked outside all I could see was 2008 Deer Trail RR. That race was epic. Why was it epic, because you would only ride in those conditions because it was a race or you were caught in it. It is not something you would look outside and say "sweet, a cow just blew by... I am going for a ride."

So, I hit the gym yesterday evening. I have never seen this place so full. Of coarse, I've only been at this gym for about 2 months. It is the new year... what was your resolution? Out of the 15 or so treadmills, I was the only one running. ......Are you kidding me? I only ran for 10 minutes to warm-up, there were people walking for 30 minutes or more. Why would you get a gym membership to walk on a treadmill? And as for the machine weights... they need to make them without any seats! It becomes a social hour camp ground. I wanted to say.... "Pull on the thing or get out of the way!" I am glad I spent most of my time in the free weights. Things seemed to be moving in there.

Thankfully the family was tolerant after I made it home a little late. After dinner we watched one of the kids favorite shows... "Planet Earth." They love the one about the Deep Blue Ocean. You would think they would like some good ole cartoons but no, they like watching fish eat each other. Maybe that's why my daughter won't eat meat?

No comments:

Post a Comment