Tuesday, January 20, 2009

On This Inaugural Day

I heard on the radio there was some big event in Washington.

I don't want to get too political, left vs right, but perhaps a better discussion is smart vs stupid. I believe the average American IQ went up by a couple of points today. At least we can travel the world and say "we are trying to fix it," instead of "I am sorry, I don't know what they were thinking." It's about time this day came. The village idiot has been returned. Now he can get back to doing what, I hear, he does well.... ride his bike.

Lets hope things workout for the new President. Expectations are really high and he has a lot of work to do.

On a lighter note, the birthday celebrations continue. Today, on this Inaugural day is my Wife's birthday. Unfortunately I had to work. We will be having cake and dinner this evening (hopefully in that order). I am looking forward to it.

Happy Birthday sweetie..... You are the best. Thanks for everything you do (which for the record is a crazy amount) I love you.

1 comment:

  1. The inaguration was incredible. President Obama sees the big picture in a great way. I see in him his desire to live out his faith and understanding of what it means to live in the world. The scripture he chose in his speech tells us that we all need to get back to the core concept of love for all people. I hope the nation heard. The million+ people - no protestors, respectful and attentive to the events - should seen a powerful message to those leaders who were sitting on the platform. We are ready for change!! I pray that he will be safe!

    ReplyDelete