Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rollers

This past Christmas (08) my folks go me a pair of rollers. Training on rollers really can improve your bike handling skills. Giving every road rider what they need... The ability to ride in a straight line. Especially if reaching for a water bottle or looking around. I've ridden on a pair of rollers in the past, however it has been a couple of years.

This morning I was doing some high spin intervals. My legs actually felt really good. I was getting my cadence up over 150 rpm. My peddle stroke was pretty smooth. After down loading my power meter I noticed my legs weren't just feeling good, I was actually getting some power out. I was thinking I was just breaking in the rollers or something. Maybe the power readings are off but this last Saturday I did a similar workout. Today however, I was stronger. Nice.

I included a short clip from the training video I have been using. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment