Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A few short updates

Racing - Looks like the ACA has approved the new categories, SM35+/3 and SM45+/4. I fully supported this change. The racers I saw upgrade, most of them struggled and I didn't see them at races anymore. They would also stay in the SM35+/4 group until they receive a letter from the ACA saying they had to upgrade. And as for the 45+ crew, they will have a place to start racing with their peers.

Family - Kailee's arm is improving. She had swimming lessons on Tuesday and did great. She appears to have an issue when her arm is not covered. We took a cotton sock and cut it so it was a "cast"/placebo. As long as her arm was covered while she was swimming, she was fine. Much to the relief of her parents.

Training - Things have been proceeding as planned. I have mostly been indoors and able to find the time. Getting up earlier.

Life - I am missing all the time off I had during the holidays. I could play, play, play with the kids. Now.... I get maybe an hour in the morning then off to work. Come home and get another hour and a half before they go to bed. And that hour and a half always seems to be the witching hour when they are tired. Got the movie "Mary Poppins," we watched most of it last night. Kids were dancing all over..... it was hilarious..... I think they were dilerious.

No comments:

Post a Comment