Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mountain Biking

This year I am planning to do more mountain biking than in previous years. My plan is to do the Winter Park series. My reasoning is 1. Its a lot of fun and 2. I'm looking for that extra edge come cyclocross season.

So far this year I've spent minimal time on the mountain bike and most of my time on the road bike. I've been trying to build up my endurance and strength. I've also been trying to get all the maintenance issues resolved and ready to go. Most of these are minor but they needed to be worked out.

Yesterday afternoon I took the bike out for a ride near Morrison, Red Rocks and Green Mountain. I felt very strong on the bike but my courage level and skills were low. On the brighter side, I could actually see those improve as the ride went on. The bike's performance was great, I'll have it dialed in soon. As for my own courage level and skills, more time on the bike will help and my trip to Moab in 2 weeks should catch me back up to where I need to be.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment