Saturday, March 21, 2009

What doesn't kill you.....

Another clear indication of spring are lose long rides. Suddenly the weather is so nice you go out for a big one. Longer, with more climbing than any other rides you have done since last summer. Your out there loving it.

Today was one of the spring right of passages. I started the day our with tired legs (not a good sign).... but how could I miss this riding on this day. We climbed and climbed. It got warmer and warmer. I striped off the vest, then the arm warmers.. basking in the sun.

We climbed up deer creek canyon, then high grade and then up a route I have never been, shadow mountain. We dropped back into Evergreen and stopped at our local bike shop sponsor, Canyon Cycles. I started up Kerr Gulch for some more climbing but the watts were dropping and the liquids and food were depleted, so I quietly tucked my tail between my legs and head for the car.

On the way home I visited Qdoba for a burrito. The guy behind the counter must have thought I looked like shit because he gave me a free drink.

Now I am enjoying the benefits of this spring ride, sunburn.

Job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment