Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day

Yesterday was a great day and a snow day!

In the morning we had a closing to refinance the house. If you haven't looked, rates are LOW. There is only one thing better than having a house to live in... and that's paying less for the same house! The kids did good during the appointment. The room had a window and the snow plow was out front, crayons and color books also helped kept them busy.

We were only there for about 40 min, and there was about 2 inches of snow on the car.

Once we got home I headed off to work. I only got about ~2 miles in ~30 min and watched 2 SUV's spin out into the snow banks, before I came upon a closed road... meaning I would have to retrace my route. So, I just pulled the plug and went home. It was still snowing really hard and wasn't worth getting stuck or crashing for one day.

Once home, it was time to PLAY! PLAY! PLAY! Build snow men, snow forts and ... shovel the drives. It's always great how our neighbors come together after a big snow to help everyone dig out. Its one of the things that realy makes me happy about were we live. Old or young, your going to get help.

The day allowed us to forget about everything else except each other. Everyone needs a snow day to refresh the soul.

The photos were taken early in the snow fall, we have a lot more now.



No comments:

Post a Comment