Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Ring

Last night my wife and I spent some time looking for a new wedding ring for me. We got married almost 13 years ago. However, since I got serious about riding my bike and staying in shape, 7 years ago, my wedding band has been too big. I could still wear it if I was careful but for the last couple of years it has been so big it simply falls off my finger. My fear of loosing it has kept me from wearing it. I have actually lost it a couple of times but have been fortunate enough to get it back each time.

We think the ring is a size 10.5 or 11. Last night we stopped by a local jewelry store and they fitted me at a 9.5. Since my wedding day I have lost about 45 lbs, I just didn't know so much of it was in my hands. It was going to cost us over $100 to get it resized. I was reluctant because there are some nice inscriptions on the inside of the ring. So, we decided to simply get a new one from overstocked.com. They have lots of cool metals and nice styles. So we ordered one. I am actually pretty excited about it, it's a ceramic ring. The only draw back is that its not a shinny metal ring, its.... a little different. I will put up pictures when it arrives.

Now I can keep my original ring for when I retire from riding and have a temporary ring marking the wife's territory. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy... I do after all still love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment